Talk by Raj Vedam : Science in Stories: India and Greece : July 11th 10:00 am PST

Talk Title
Science in Stories: India and Greece

Date: July 11th 10:00 am Pacific Time
Google Meet Link: (Register on IndicForum.org and you will receive a link via email).

Abstract

The literature of ancient India and ancient Greece abound in stories of heroes, warriors, kings, sages, divinities, and supernatural beings. The casual reader dismisses these as entertaining, but silly myths of a primitive people. A deeper reading shows the use of encoded metaphors that communicate some wisdom – moral, common sense, or observational knowledge. Unlocking the wisdom in the stories requires appreciation of the metaphors and cultural and historical context. Raj Vedam discusses selected stories from ancient India and ancient Greece and unlocks the wisdom that they encode.

About Dr. Raj Vedam

Raj Vedam holds a doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, and has many years of multi-disciplinary work experience in diverse industries including power, aircraft, electronic design automation, and oil & gas. With several journal and conference papers and patents, he is an innovation leader, with strong interest in multiple areas of technology. His current professional interests include optimization, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.

As a scientist, Raj Vedam researches the roots of modern sciences, mathematics and technology, a quest that led him to study the histories of Babylon, Greece, Egypt, Rome, China, Hittites, Mitanni, and Arabs. Whereas Western narratives favor the origin of astronomy and math (among other fields) as having originated outside India and imported into India during various invasions, Raj Vedam’s multi-disciplinary studies using data from several published sources reveal otherwise. His research proposes an ancient Indian civilization that made great advances in several fields of knowledge.

3 Likes

I am interested in the event Science in Stories: India and Greece. Kindly send me link for the same
Pramod
pkyadav@yahoo.com

1 Like

I too am interested, please send me the link!

1 Like

Please send me link for the webinar.
Dhanyavadah :pray:t3:

1 Like

You must have received a calendar invite already. You can also click here and get the meet link.
https://www.indicforum.org/t/talk-invite-link-raj-vedam-july-11th-10-00-am-pst/59 [Works only if you are a registered user]

Please send participation link to the talk on India & Greece

Please send the link for today’s live sessions
pushpabk44@gmail.com

Welcome folks. You must have received calendar invites for the event. You will also find the link on the homepage under “Registered Users Only” topic.

Could I have the link for this session.

Here is the Google Meet link: meet.google.com/vbp-ysrh-smi
You can see the live stream here at 10:00 : https://stream.meet.google.com/stream/96e6b164-174e-4d68-aa20-207d296b7289

It was a fantastic session by Dr Raj. you could find more talks on youtube.

We should definitely bring him for second part

The video the talk is here.

1 Like

This was a great talk. I would like to stay updated with future videos.

1 Like